Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels. Current blood supplies are extremely low and Lee Health blood centers are in dire need of donors.
As the home of the only trauma center in the region, it is essential that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly treat patients in need of urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health Blood Centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire healthcare system. About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and blood centers rely on life saving donations from the community to maintain stock levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
– Today, Feb. 16: Fort Myers Technical College, at 3800 Michigan Ave., Fort Myers, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– February 17: Florida Cancer Specialists, at 1030 Commerce Creek Blvd., Cape Coral, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
– Feb. 17: Lee County VA Clinic, at 2489 Diplomat Parkway E., Cape Coral, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– February 18: Iona-College/S. Pointe Fire Station, 6061 S. Pointe Blvd., Fort Myers, 8 a.m. to noon
– February 19: Pine Island Moose Lodge, 8903 Stringfellow Road, St. James City, 8 a.m. to noon
– February 20: Cypress Lake Presbyterian Church, 8260 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers, 8:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
– February 20: Gulf Coast Church of Christ, at 9550 6 Mile Cypress Parkway, Fort Myers, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
– February 21: Lee Health Coconut Point, at 23450 Via Coconut Point, Estero, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– February 22: Florida Southwestern State College in parking lot 12, at 8099 College Parkway SW, Fort Myers, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– February 23: Fort Myers Police Department, 2210 Widman Way, Fort Myers, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
All blood donated to Lee Health stays in the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If you cannot attend a collection, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.